- Understand each of the AG businesses while supporting the AG overall financial plan and contribute to the company’s overall financial goals.
- Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data from core business applications and from outside sources to provide detailed insight into the industry.
- Have a sound understanding of relational databases in order to resolve issues and serve as the primary source of data: will need to find methods of connecting data from multiple systems.
- Develop new analytical methods and (machine learning) models
- Ability to develop and follow robust test plans to appropriately assess BI development and implementation; data validation will be a key focus area for the DS as new or modified solutions are delivered.
- Ability to identify business questions that can add value
- Work with other business and financial analysts to create core BI solutions.
- Prioritize, plan, and track project progress through various methods including a project management tool.
- Participate in meetings related to intelligence reporting
- Provide transparent and timely communication with internal customers and team for BI initiatives, projects, or application outages and subsequent resolution.
- Train team members and internal customers on new or significantly modified BI development work.
- BA/BS degree in analytical fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science etc. (Master’s Degree a plus)
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred (in Data Analysis or similar field).
- Multi-system intelligence.
- Ability to work independently without a direct manager onsite.
- Experience with data querying languages like MS-SQL. As well as programming languages such as Python or R (Expected to show project work to show these skills)
- Ability to work under pressure, deliver outcomes, and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking, very detailed oriented, ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize multiple activities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent modeling skills using Excel, Access, or other tools a plus.
- Experience with a BI tool a plus (Qlik, Tableau, etc.).
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of managerial and professional skill sets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
What’s in it for you? Advanced Group offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits packages, and a flexible work environment designed to help our team members and their families stay healthy, meet their financial goals, and generally thrive in and beyond work. Visit the links below to discover all that Advanced Group has to offer:
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.