At InnovaSystems, extraordinary solutions are born through innovative software.
A leading provider of information technology and enterprise-level solutions to the Department of Defense, federal, state and local government agencies, InnovaSystems delivers a vital service to support our nation s National Security Strategy. We engage organizational effectiveness and readiness resulting in reduced costs, increased effectiveness and accessibility.
As a member of the InnovaSystems team, you will be empowered to do the best work of your career with challenging assignments that solve real-world problems and a steady focus on comprehensive leadership training and career growth.
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer who will contribute to a team effort in providing enterprise web application solutions to our DoD military and civilian customers.
The main functions of this role include:
- Developing & testing new business software solutions for our DoD military and civilian customers based on provided user requirements and technical mentorship.
- Supporting & advancing existing production systems through troubleshooting, analysis, recommendations for improvement, building & implementing fixes to existing features.
- Challenging yourself to learn new skills and advance your career within the work you do every day, through our emphasis on learning new skills, collaboratively with mentors, and pursuing self-study technical certifications.
- Server-side software development using an object-oriented programming language such as C#, Java or Ruby.
- Accessing data in relational databases and/or NoSQL data repositories.
- Scrum agile software development using Git, Azure DevOps, Team Foundation or equivalent.
BS in CS or Engineering. OR Bachelors degree plus 2 years of experience OR 6 years direct experience
*Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance Required, or the ability to obtain one*
Benefits & Culture
When you join our team, we are committed to enhancing your skills through training and certification programs, as needed, to facilitate your role on the team. Opportunities for advancement and variety are offered through the various projects we create and build for our customers and careers can take on a leadership path or progressive technical track through career and succession planning. At InnovaSystems, we embrace a philosophy of continuous performance management, including relationship building, feedback and recognition and we provide the leadership training and software tools to support these concepts.
Our comprehensive employee benefits offerings include:
- Flexible schedule
- Technical and Leadership Training
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) of paid leave annually - hours increase after 3 years of service
- 401k Plan w/ company match
- Comprehensive benefit package to include health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans
- Onsite Gym/Workout Facilities (depending on location)
- Social Events
InnovaSystems is a proud supporter of community organizations including; Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), Support the Enlisted Program (STEP), Salvation Army, Wes Wish Toy Drive
InnovaSystems International is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.