We are currently looking for an intern to join our Corporate Strategy Management team in our Center Valley, PA office. This program will run from mid-January to mid-April 2020. This is a part-time opportunity involving 15-20 hours per week.
Experiences that grow you—and your career.
As a Business Management Intern, you may have opportunities to work in the following or similar areas:
- Corporate Strategy
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
You will contribute to our mission by helping your department complete key projects.
- Collecting and synthesizing data from research organizations regarding plan development processes and project management tools.
- Maintaining regular, project-based contact with colleagues from across the globe.
- Developing departmental communications and work with function representatives to ensure visibility of rules throughout their departments.
- Creating documentation related to due diligence, information request lists, 100 day plans, and interdependencies.
- Organizing, tracking, and sharing appropriate information related to Regional Control Frameworks (RCFs).
A typical day for you will include:
- Collaborating with your supervisor and team to complete role-related assignments and projects.
- Actively engaging in and adding value to meetings and discussions.
- Engaging in other duties, as necessary.
- Must be enrolled in a full time undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited 4-year institution.
- Must complete sophomore year before the internship begins and graduate after the internship ends.
- Preferred fields of study include business management, supply chain, project management, finance, economics, industrial engineering, or related degree.
- Demonstrated ability to balance academic and extracurricular commitments (i.e. work experience, clubs, volunteer activities, teams, etc.).
- Must possess excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient and have practical knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work well within a team and independently at times with limited guidance.
- Ability to interpret and apply new information.
* Must not now or in the future require immigration-related sponsorship.**
- Experience with Smartsheet.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize/execute multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong, professional communication skills.
- Skilled in presentation development and public speaking.
- General curiosity and a desire to learn new material.
Life doesn’t stop when you start work.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer a competitive hourly wage, flexible schedules, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Auto req ID
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled