At L3Harris ForceX, a Quality Assurance Analyst creates end-to-end test plans, executes the plan, and manages all activities in conjunction with an Agile Scrum development team to ensure that all objectives are met and the software solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, stability, and compatibility with legacy and/or third party software and integrated external hardware.
The objective of the Analyst is to ensure that the testing of every feature of the software solution is well defined, planned, and executed through every stage of development. The work of the Analyst should inspire confidence that any potential issue has been identified and addressed prior to the release of the software solution.
Quality Assurance Interns will shadow QA Analysts working with a team of Software Developers and Interns for a software engineering project defined at the beginning of the internship. In addition, Interns will also work together to create a project or volunteer opportunity with proceeds contributing to a non-profit.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from Conditions of Acceptance;
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts under guidance of more experienced Analyst(s)
- Participate in all phases of software engineering for a cradle to grave software project
- Participate in a fast-paced agile software environment
- Create innovative solutions to unique and challenging costumer problems
- Be part of a team working on cutting-edge solutions to defense-based problems
- rofessionally communicate with all levels of the organization
- Be trained and mentored from some of the best software engineers in Nashville, TN
- Must be enrolled in a BS or MS program working towards a computer science, information systems, (or related degree) and have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program within an accredited college or university
- Must have at least two years of academic or professional experience in a software or technology-related field
- A good understanding of object oriented programming
- Ability to learn new concepts and tools quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong written and oral skills
- US Citizenship is required
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Infrequent light physical effort required
- Written and verbal communication
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- May require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane
- As required by program needs
- Work performed in an office environment
- Working with computers, and other computer components
- Duties may require being on call periodically and working outside of normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.