Graduate Hotels Management is seeking a Sales Manager to join Graduate Hotels®, Graduate Columbus. Graduate Hotels is a hotel collection targeting university-anchored markets across the country that celebrates each town's unique local culture and history.
- Responsible for learning the hotel(s) brand and strategy
- Drive customer loyalty in order to grow share of the account by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Manage business travel accounts to maximize business potential
- Negotiate group business, guest room rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within assigned markets that meets or exceeds hotel revenue goals
- Responsible for obtaining appropriate approvals for contracts per SOP (airlines, major sporting events, etc...)
- Negotiate contracts according to company standards
- Be aware of departmental revenue and up sell at every possible opportunity
- Ensure all pertinent aspects of solicitation, closing, and customer communications are complete and documented maintain existing accounts with active trace/follow up system
- Ensure accurate and complete use of the sales system per SOP including recording all bookings and lost business
- Identifies and solicits new accounts from telemarketing, appointments, site tours, cold calls, and inquiries via email, phone, and in person interactions
- Develops, maintains, and prospects a Target List of accounts and communicates updates to DOS
- Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, and use the internet as a prospecting tool
- Prepares resumes for groups prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly meeting
- Assist with all group rooming list, daily inspection of guest folio, communication with front office on group arrival, communication with accounting regarding guest billing, communication with Revenue Management team on group room block.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings when it is agreeable with the client
- Attends property specific receptions to generate leads and interact with customers
- Organize and execute local area blitzes
- Implement special promotions relating to sales segment
- Partner with third party meeting planners such as HelmsBriscoe, HPN, Conference Direct to generate additional leads and bookings
- Establishes relationships with local businesses and organizations and is an active member in local industry associations
- Builds relationships with competitors in like roles to keep apprised of trends in the market and industry, and supply changes
- Conducts tours of the hotels and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to all client requests for proposals and information
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals including predetermined revenue and sales activity
- Completes daily/weekly/monthly reports as directed by the DOS/GM
- Participate in Quarterly/Annual Business and Marketing Plans, assist with budget process
- Attends appropriate trade shows, organizes sales trips in local market and feeder cities as directed by the DOS
- Communicates any product or service issues to DOS or GM
- Divides selling time equally between hotels or as directed by the DOS/GM
- Maintains a presence and is accessible at each hotel per the direction of the DOS/GM
- Work client-related special events
- Abides by Prime Time Selling hours
- Participates in MOD program as required
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in hotel customer service role or sales experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Outgoing personality
- Maintains a professional image at all times through appearance and dress
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrate ability to achieve sales goals
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and fast paced, driven to succeed
- Excellent time management skills
- Understands need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Must have flexible work hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team's decisions; contributes to the team's efforts.
Graduate Hotels Management is a Division of Schulte Hospitality Group that currently manages the Graduate Hotels® portfolio. Graduate Hotels is a hand-crafted collection of hotels that reside in dynamic university-anchored towns across the country. Each hotel pays homage to the heritage of its unique town through cultural nods to the local community. Launched in 2014, there are currently 17 open and operating hotels across the U.S. and an additional 14 hotels under development slated to open by the end of 2020. Graduate Hotels is owned by Adventurous Journeys (AJ) Capital Partners, a Chicago-based vertically-integrated real estate developer, owner and operator. For more information on Graduate Hotels, please visit graduatehotels.com.
- Graduate Hotels Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer.