New York City Department of Transportation
- The Department of Transportation’s (DOT) mission is to provide for the safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible movement of people and goods in the City of New York and to maintain and enhance the transportation infrastructure crucial to the economic vitality and quality of life of our primary customers, City residents. DOT is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse workforce in an open and inclusive environment.
- Ensure pedestrian ramp upgrades are performed in accordance with the ADA or are accessible, exception forms are created where needed, etc.
- Recommends alternative treatments and designs as needed due to complex construction obstacles and structures for corners requiring upgrades
- Based on engineer review, determines type of contract required to upgrade corner (Standard, Complex, etc.)
- Resolves issues found on site with direction from supervisory engineers.
- Mark out locations for construction and take construction photos
- Attend site meetings
- Assist upper level staff in reviews of designs, plans, and contract specifications/scopes
- Prepares engineering reports (Exception Forms, etc.)
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be either serving permanently in the Civil Engineering Intern Title or have filed for Exam # 9036 (for which proof is required).
RESUMES MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY USING ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW: For current city employees, go to Employee Self Service (ESS), Recruiting Activities, Careers and search for Job ID# 415076. For all other applicants go to www.nyc.gov/careers and search for Job ID# 415076. If you do not have access to a computer, most public libraries have computers available for use. Appointment will be subject to OMB approval. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.