- Senior year in Bachelor's degree program, M.S./Ph.D. preferred
- Education/background in computer science/bioinformatics/data engineering
- Strong programming skills in Python and machine learning libraries
- Familiar with aspects of data modeling and ETL
- Quick learner, familiar with clinical data, able to identify with application area
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2020
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (Required start on or before program Welcome Reception and end date on or after Summer End Poster Symposium).
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
- Who we areAt Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
Are you interested in engineering data at the confluence of clinical sciences and informatics? Do you have an aptitude for identification of informant features from multi-modal, multi-dimensional datasets? Are you a hands-on data engineer that is stimulated by the ability to develop new methods for generation of insights from clinical datasets? Would you enjoy learning about diagnostic biomarkers and their role in disease management? Do you have a strong background in Python and Data Modeling? If your answers to any of the above questions is yes, this role might be one you enjoy.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyse unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement. Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.