Walt Disney Imagineering
We want to make sure our ideas are the best they can be before we put them in front of our guests, but we also have to manage our budgets and schedules responsibly. To this end, we are continuously investing in ways to prototype, simulate, stress test, or unit test, as much as we can. This role will focus on furthering our abilities to test and vet as much of these software efforts as possible.
- Work with Controls Software Test leaders to ideate, plan, and execute test plans and equipment setup for product and project success.
- Adhere to Department guidelines and best practices for software development, process tracking, documentation generation, and closeout activities.
- Close the loop of communication (and understanding) between code developer and code tester. We interact a lot with our teams, so a healthy dose of outreach is everyone’s responsibility.
- Must balance evolving technical requirements with fixed budgets and schedules, and communicate risks and options to both Studio and Project leadership in a timely fashion.
- Partner with Department leadership to execute System Testbed project goals, including: enhancement of testbed capabilities, and application of testbed to product/project development instances.
Basic Qualifications :
- Experience with modern software development practices, including version control and workflow management tools such as JIRA, Clarity, Github, Gitlab, Subversion, Perforce, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with process control/controls engineering industry standards and development. platforms/languages/technologies, including PLCs, FPGAs, embedded controllers/microcontrollers, and RTOS programming environments.
- Experience with mechanical/mechatronic/robotics systems and software toolsets or platforms used to influence or govern the motion of real world apparatuses.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher, or having graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited College/University while earning a degree majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field.