Creating elegant products begins with lots of prototyping and iteration to explore the problem space. We care deeply about collaboration and feedback during the development process. It culminates in careful attention to edge cases and error handling, polished code, and great tests to ensure that we ship a reliable product that never compromises data integrity or security. Every Dropbox software release reaches hundreds of millions of people, and the user-to-engineer and petabyte-to-engineer ratio are both very high.
- Application Engineering- You’ll build delightful full-stack user experiences that solve real customer needs and drive tons of $$ for Dropbox. As a product engineering intern you can expect to work across backend, api, desktop, mobile and web.
- Cloud Engineering- Craft the building blocks that let us scale Dropbox to handle millions of concurrent connections, hundreds of billions of files and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Analytics Engineering- Measure, optimize, and build one of the industry’s most advanced analytics platforms to derive meanings from vast amounts of data. Our massive scale means you’ll work with more data than many other analytics firms combined.
- Mobile Engineering- You are an Objective-C, Swift, Java and C++ magician - this team knows the ins and outs of iOS and Android SDK and will help you weave and bend the API’s to craft the Dropbox client experience on mobile devices. You’re also responsible for building the backend systems that power the mobile experiences and optimize the protocol between client and server for reliability, efficiency and speed.
- Web Engineering- You’re responsible for our website - dropbox.com and paper.dropbox.com. In addition to everything product engineers do but you’re also deeply interested in building a fast, scalable, and responsive Dropbox experience for the modern web, using cutting-edge tools like Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)- This team lives dangerously on the boundary of software and hardware - they have a deep understanding of the inner workings of our product and are interested in ensuring our products work well on real-world hardware in our data centers. You will build the software and automation that controls the hardware that runs our products, and serve as the first line of defense when something goes with our production infrastructure or services.
- Security Engineering- People trust Dropbox to keep their data secure, and at Dropbox we rely on our security engineers to make our products safe. You’re a software engineer with a deep interest in building software that is secure yet easy to use. By the way, interest in the shadowy computer underworld is a definite plus. Security engineers consult with product teams to secure our software, production infrastructure, website, desktop and mobile apps and our corporate infrastructure and devices.
- Computer Science (or similar) students graduating between December 2019 - August 2020 from Undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. programs
- If you have experience writing or shipping software as part of internships, personal projects, coding competitions or research and the work we do at Dropbox resonates with you, we’d love to learn more about you
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)