What we're looking for
We’d particularly like to get to know you if:
- you have a strong background in computer science or a related field
- you are eager to continuously learn and improve
- you communicate with clarity and precision. We care about this almost as much as your technical ability.
- you're passionate, even if it's not about analytics. There should be something you know more about than anyone on our team.
- you like fruit, sunshine, and bad jokes. We aren't robots.
What we're building
Under the hood, Heap is powered by node.js, Scala, Spark, ZooKeeper, Kafka, and CitusDB. Our app-layer stack is TypeScript, React, mobx, Redis, and PostgreSQL.
We're working on:
- Real-time infrastructure. We support an expressive set of queries that allow our users to slice and dice their data in arbitrary ways. The results need to come back with sub-second latencies. We also support materializing massive retroactive datasets into our customers' cloud data warehouses. We're working on a new distributed infrastructure to make this possible.
- Data capture. We want to provide our users with the richest possible dataset. That means building new integrations (like Android), capturing more semantic data (like A/B test groups), and pulling in data from other sources (like Stripe). All of this has to happen with virtually no performance cost or integration overhead.
- Data visualization. Building Heap is as much a design problem as anything else. The most powerful analytics infrastructure in the world doesn't matter if our users can't access that power and understand the results.