Advanced Systems Design
Advanced Systems Design is seeking an Applications Development Analyst - Entry Level for our client located in Montgomery, AL. This individual must have education and/or experience in .NET applications (VB.Net is preferred) and database queries (SQL is preferred). This is professional programming and analysis work.
- Systems Analysis, design, development and testing
- Gathering and analyzing information from end users and business analysts in order to determine the scope of work to be performed to meet user needs while also determining feasibility of design.
- Moderate to highly complex programming work on VB.NET integrated systems
- Writing moderate to advanced SQL statements for use in code and/or for use in creating reports, queries, letters, and/or data cubes.
- Ensuring that development work is completed within the allotted time constraints while adhering to the organizations IT polices and best practices.
- Conducting unit testing and assisting business analysts and end users with system testing; Preparing test scenarios, when applicable.
- Providing development status updates to management on a regular basis
- Experience and/or education in developing and maintaining .NET based programs (VB.NET preferred);
- database query language education and/or experience (SQL preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience in developing and maintaining VB.NET applications with SQL Server.
- 2 years' experience utilizing .NET languages to develop and/or maintain systems
- 2+ years' experience utilizing VB.NET languages with SQL Server to develop and/or maintain systems.
- Two-year degree from a college or university in Computer Science, Math, Information Technology or a closely related fields, including two courses in programming.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university in Computer Science, Math, Information Technology or a closely related fields, including two courses in .NET programming languages utilizing SQL.
Advanced Systems Design, Inc. is:
- A leading Information Technology provider for Federal, State & Local government agencies.
- A certified minority-owned small business government contractor with capabilities related to Public Health IT, Criminal Justice, Transportation and Defense.
- A certified service-disabled veteran-owned company with a proud 37+ year track record of providing successful innovative solutions for our government customers.
A drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. Applicants who have a signed offer of employment or contractor agreement are subject to:
the pre-employment testing protocol:
- background investigation
- drug screening
- pre-employment consequences portion of the ASD Drug-Free Workplace Policy
- the pre-employment testing protocol:
- Are actively working on next-generation technology projects with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and a wide array of Federal, State and Local agencies throughout the United States
Are eligible for wide-ranging benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance with PPO and HDHP/HSA options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Holiday Pay - Company Paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Certification Incentive Plan
- Employee Referral Plan
- Technology Exposure
For additional information regarding Advanced Systems Design, please check out our website at: www.asd-web.com