McKay Brothers, a profitable and growing provider of specialty telecommunications and financial market data, has an immediate opening for a at the Company’s US headquarters in uptown Oakland, California.
The Support Specialist role has two primary functions. The desktop/technical support responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support related to desktop and facilities needs
- Installing new hardware components for desktops
- Installing operating systems and software in the desktop
- Setting up network connections to desktops
- Maintaining support documentation and training
The business support function is wide-ranging and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Remote field operations support
- Lab work with PhD-level scientists
- Facilities management (moves, desks, chairs, power, etc.) – this function of the role will require physical demands including bending, squatting and lifting up to 50 pounds
- 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday is the typical schedule
- You must be willing to work flexible hours - weekends and early/late hours are rarely but sometimes required
- Overtime will be paid for any hours above forty hours per week, with manager approval
- Some domestic travel may be required
- 4-year degree with some hardware/OS experience
- Prior experience in desktop support role and/or Microsoft certification a plus
- Ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starting mindset toward all duties
- Systematic problem-solving approach and excellent communication skills
- Must live in the San Francisco Bay Area
Employees will be required to complete a probationary period. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. This is an on-site position without relocation reimbursement. McKay Brothers offers a comprehensive benefits package including three weeks of paid vacation; medical, dental & vision policies; and 401(k). Healthcare insurance premiums are paid 100% by the company (up to maximum).
About McKay Brothers and its affiliated Quincy Data
McKay Brothers, LLC is the acknowledged leader in providing extremely low latency wireless networks for firms trading in financial markets. Many of the world’s most sophisticated trading operations utilize the near light speed networks that McKay designs, engineers, builds and operates. McKay launched its first US network in 2012, expanded to Europe in 2014, and Asia in 2016. Its Quincy Data affiliate sources and distributes real-time financial market data globally via McKay networks. Learn more at www.mckay-brothers.com and www.quincy-data.com.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit resumes in PDF form only at: https://app.trinethire.com/companies/22869-mckay-brothers/jobs/19260-technical-facilities-support-specialist
This role is not eligible for recruiter referral fees. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
McKay Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.