Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones.
As an intern, the Dolby U program offers impactful, project-based work experience in a collaborative, creative environment where you work side by side with industry leaders. Amplify your insatiable curiosity by implementing real-world solutions that revolutionize how people communicate and how entertainment is created, delivered, and enjoyed worldwide. For anyone seeking to gain invaluable expertise through meaningful, personal contributions, join us to design a future where technology meets entertainment!
Via Licensing, a wholly owned and independently managed subsidiary of Dolby, is looking for an Operations Administrator Intern for its Legal Operations team. The intern filling this position will handle a wide range of important duties relating to the intellectual property (IP) licensing lifecycle and contracts administration.
The Operations Administrator Intern will gain valuable experience in intellectual property, licensing and modern legal services technologies, including Salesforce, Apttus, and other data and database tools. Specific duties include:
- Perform various duties for Via’s various agreements and patents by following legal operations process documents, including:
- Document preparation
- Record creation
- Electronic and physical filing
- Updating and status monitoring for key Via agreements and patent information
- Signature procurement
- Other data entry and data maintenance duties, as required
- Process agreement generation requests from licensing sales team; maintain and create related records in the system
- Provide reports on project status analytics and statistics to internal and external stakeholders
- Update Via’s legal operations process documents under direction
- Drive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for Via’s agreements and patents database enhancement
- Maintain Via’s legal operations shared mailboxes to ensure that all requests and inquiries are processed properly
- Provide general administrative support and assistance to Legal team members. Examples include document scanning, mailings, and document edits.
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint skillset is required
- Recent college graduate or current college undergraduate. Majors in business administration, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics is preferred.
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task are required
- Work experience related to business operations or accounting/finance operations a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relationship Management systems a plus
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field; recent grads who are within 12 months of graduation are also eligible to apply
- Must be available to work at least 24 hours per week Monday - Thursday for 6 months between January 2020 – June 2020, with the possibility of an internship extension afterwards
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland