Healthy Paws is looking for a Junior Business Analyst. Healthy Paws Pet Insurance is a subsidiary of Aon Affinity.
Do you LOVE learning?
Does anticipating, understanding, and solving customer problems bring you joy and peace?
Do data and analytics excite and motivate you?
Do you just have a way with people and with pets?
Then come join Healthy Paws—the #1 Consumer Rated Pet Insurance Company in the World!
Your impact as a Junior Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst, you will contribute to the continuous improvement of operations and services at Healthy Paws through data and analytics, leading to the intertwined goals of customer retention and growth. You will assist with building new products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your interactions with our customers (internal and external) and the competitive landscape. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a visionary’s big-picture thinking, an analyst's love of the details, and the entrepreneur's drive to turn vision into reality. You must enjoy spending the time necessary to understand problems, identifying solutions internally, and finding innovative solutions for the broader market. Often times understanding problems will involve, pulling, analyzing, and visualizing data, so any data analytics and database skills will be very helpful.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company: you will work with senior leadership to craft the long term roadmap; you will work with customer care to understand current internal and external needs; you will work with testers and engineers to define and validate product release requirements; you will work with marketing to help drive solutions for the go-to-market strategy; you will work with teams to identify and document compliance needs; you will be the evangelist-in-chief for your products helping the organization to understand how they can best be leveraged for the overall success of the business. You will also be responsible for working with stakeholders to build out requirements documents, become the SME for the projects you are working on, and work with IT to ensure that requirements are clearly understood.
The Business Analyst’s role is simultaneously strategic and tactical. While all other groups will be ready to support your strategic efforts through tactics, you will also be required to define and execute on your own tactical tasks.
- Specifying requirements for current and future products through research supported by deep customer engagement, data, and analytics.
- Driving solutions across teams through requirements definition, product specification, and change management.
- Building out business requirements documents.
Documenting new and existing processes.
Querying databases and building reporting models.
- Triaging and responding to customer issues and incorporating needs into long term product plans.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- A sense of humor and creative bent.
- Understanding and experience using analytics and reporting to make good decisions.
- Knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. mainframe, client-server, relational databases, and web-based architectures).
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts (e.g. reporting, querying software, OLAP, spreadsheets, dashboards, and data mining).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to excel within a fast paced team-oriented, start-up environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Highly organized self-starter with strong ability to manage conflicting priorities and execute in a fast-paced team-based start-up environment utilizing effective time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Passion for pets.
- Mature interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitating and negotiating.
- 1-3 years of software product management or business analyst experience with success launching products.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in large scale customer service processes and systems preferred.
Experience with salesforce.com.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.