As one of the nation's leading health benefits companies, Anthem seeks to attract the best talent to help us achieve our mission to improve lives and communities with innovative solutions to simplify the healthcare experience. Diversity matters at Anthem—we foster a culture of inclusion where different backgrounds, perspectives, talents and life experiences come together to create innovative products and services for the people we serve.
Our 2020 summer interns will be an integral part of our team in a variety of roles. Interns should be prepared for a fast-paced, team environment in an internship providing a robust developmental experience and exposure to various areas of healthcare including: policy, advocacy, sales, administrative and management support, communications, outreach and marketing. As part of this paid internship experience, interns are responsible for supporting their respective teams and contributing towards Anthem’s broader goals. Students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Data Use Governance – Support Anthem’s team that focuses on the regulation of data usage and analytical consultation across the company.
- Disability Policy Engagement Support Anthem’s team in ensuring people with disabilities and older adults are included in healthcare and essential life discussions that affect independence and access to care and services. Includes research, policy, participation and coordination of community events and conferences, and engagement with disability stakeholders.
- Enrollment & Billing – Support teams with managing documentation of inventory, supply chain management and data governance. Responsibilities include receiving In-bound calls, providing excellent customer service, and creating records in our sales database.
- Diversified Business Group – Support Anthem’s team that focuses on building partnerships within and outside of Anthem with the management of data and client reporting essential to our mission of strategic engagement.
- Health Plan – Join one of Anthem’s leading health plans in their mission through areas such as Marketing and Communications.
- Customer Care — Engage directly with members to maintain positive customer relations and ensures customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
The Internship Program Sponsors are tireless champions of diversity and disability inclusion, both internally and externally in the communities we serve This program is facilitated by a cross functional team led by Inclusion & Diversity Disability Policy Engagement with the support of Talent Acquisition.
We are excited to engage students who are currently enrolled in, or completing undergraduate & graduate degrees for a PAID internship opportunity with flexible hours in more than 22 different states including, but not limited to:
Virginia Beach, VA
New York, NY
For questions about specific positions and how to apply, reach out to [email protected]