About you: You are passionate about translating data to action. You want to change how companies conduct business by using data they have collected. You believe this change depends as much on clever analysis and intricate models as it does on clear communications and actionable insights. You are curious, inquisitive and data puzzles excite you.
About us: ActionIQ is a NYC-based startup building the next generation of data-driven business applications. We're funded by top investors including Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and FirstMark Capital.
The company is founded by Tasso Argyros, founder and CTO of Aster Data, a Big Data pioneer that was acquired by database leader Teradata; and Nitay Joffe, a key developer in leading open source big data projects such as Apache HBase and Apache Giraph while working at places like Facebook and Google. Both Tasso and Nitay have extensive experience applying complex technologies to solve real business challenges.
At ActionIQ, we are working on a very ambitious technology stack, where we process our entire data warehouse using proprietary main-memory distributed database technology. We are using a number of languages, tools and frameworks, including Scala. This is an opportunity to intern with a world-class company in NYC while it's still in it's early stages.
About the internship: At ActionIQ, you will work directly with our customers to enhance their operations. By the end of your summer you will have delivered analysis and built models that are regularly used by our customers for understanding their user base and executing their business plans. In addition, you will get the chance to work with a team of first rate engineers and data scientists to generalize your models and integrate them into our platform for use by other customers. Last but not least you will take advantage of all the ActionIQ summer activities in New York City.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study
- Experience working with Scala, Python, Java, SQL or other similar languages
- Prior work with predictive modeling, advanced analytics and data modeling is a plus
- Previous internships in software development or data science at a data-driven organization is a plus
- Work with a fun, inclusive, smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company
- Work with detailed data from multiple environments to uncover unique insights
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored by experienced Data Scientists
- Interact with Engineering, Product and Field teams on a daily basis
- Convenient working location in Flatiron District with great subway access