Big Ass Fans
Big Ass Fans is searching for a Software Intern to join our Engineering team! Big Ass Interns are smart, genuinely curious, innovative, and “hungry” - to not only learn our business, but truly understand how and why we do things the way we do. Get your rear in a Big Ass Career today!
- Select and procure development boards, microcontrollers, motors, and sensors, to prototype embedded systems that meet product requirements.
- Build and troubleshoot prototypes.
- Work independently to develop and test embedded firmware that interacts with the hardware and satisfies system requirements.
- Track changes to source code using git version control system.
- Present your work to professional engineers, get feedback, and make improvements.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Hands on and curious. Capable of building things, debugging, and making improvements.
- Self-motivated, driven, and results-oriented.
- Good communicator who listens well and asks good questions. Communicates ideas clearly and confidently.
- Can work a minimum of 15 hours per week while school is in session.
Why live life Big Ass?
You want Big Ass Benefits? Join us in the cantina for a catered lunch followed by a game of Ping-Pong. Did we break another record today? Let’s open the beer fridge and make plans to meet this weekend at the company sponsored social outing.
Why haven’t you applied yet?
Big Ass Fans is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Big Ass Fans maintains an environment where each individual is valued and respected. Individuals are expected to understand and comply with OSHA and ISO 9001 standards and procedures. Individuals are expected to apply safe work methods when performing the job requirements in hazardous and non-hazardous environments to avoid injury to self to co-workers or damage to property. Individuals are expected to report unsafe work conditions or equipment operation to supervisors immediately and observe all safety rules.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at 1.877.244.3267.