ENTRY LEVEL FINANCIAL ANALYST
Overview of Role:
Are you looking to hone your analytical talents as part of a team of Commercial Real Estate and finance veterans? With a fast-paced work environment and a roster of nationally known clients, CREModels provides a long-term career path for entry-level analysts with drive and ambition.
Located at the leading edge of advanced financial analysis in the commercial real estate industry, CREModels is expanding its St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Transaction Services group. New hires will learn to excel at a wide range of functions, including initial underwriting, asset management, and closing transactions, with a primary focus on ARGUS®/Excel-based real estate analysis and on reviewing and preparing critical due diligence materials such as lease abstracts.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to jump into a finance career with upward mobility at a growing firm with a strong national reputation!
General Skills and Qualifications:
- Proactive thinking with a detail-oriented and creative approach to problem-solving
- Strong financial, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Positive attitude and the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Eagerness to master analytic skills and methodologies in Commercial Real Estate, work with leading developers, REITs, pension funds, and private equity firms, and be part of a tech-savvy, innovative, forward-thinking team
NOTE: Commercial Real Estate experience is NOT required for this position. CREModels will provide paid training introducing new hires to the industry. The cost of the training averages well over $30k.
What You Will Learn: (these are also the general activities performed in this role)
- Assist with the due diligence process, primarily with the review/analysis/abstraction of leases
- Analyze and underwrite development, acquisition, and disposition opportunities
- Review property due diligence reports such as rent rolls, profit and loss statements, balance sheet, and expense reconciliations; employ financial metrics including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc
- Perform complex financial analyses using our own internally developed CRE Suite Platform
- Advanced proficiency in ARGUS® Valuation DCF, ARGUS® Enterprise, and Microsoft Excel®
- Prepare sensitivity analyses to fully understand the range of risks and opportunities of each deal
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate, due diligence, development, investment, commercial lending policies, and credit and risk management policies
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda
- Maintain financial models throughout a project lifecycle, including pre-development, construction, and transition to management team - including reconciliation of budget to actual performance on monthly basis, coordination of construction draws, etc
- Master major property sectors (e.g. - office, retail, industrial, multifamily, development) and their different investment characteristics, including primary metrics and thresholds for each
- Learn to understand and analyze property-level and portfolio-level financial information at an advanced level, including rent roll audits, lease abstracts, estoppels, historical financial statements, CAM recovery calculations, tenant sales, and occupancy cost calculations
- Brand new, open office in downtown St. Petersburg, FL
- Extensive training program
- Company-sponsored events and meals
- On-site fitness center
- Covered parking provided
- Competitive benefits
Future and Growth (Career Path): (note that all promotions are governed by accuracy, production, and effort)
- Entry-level hires start as Analyst Trainees and typically after the first 90 days become Jr Analysts
- Performance packages are created for each employee to craft the road map to success and upward mobility at CREModels
- This position provides a strong growth opportunity with a dynamic company comprised of experienced, successful, and ambitious professionals
- Be a part of a growing company (Received a Top 10 USF Fast 56 award) striving to create a paradigm shift in the commercial real estate industry
To be considered, visit http://www.cremodels.com/apply
Please reference Job ID: 6453020
CREModels is the leader in commercial real estate analysis.
Founded in 2010, CREModels has quickly become a leader in the Commercial Real Estate Industry while holding true to the four pillars of our Invested in You philosophy (Invested in our Employees, Invested in our Clients, Invested in our Industry, and Invested in our Community). We have worked on commercial real estate projects from small apartment complexes to multi-billion-dollar mixed-use developments. Our proven track record includes working with market leaders throughout the United States and Internationally.
CREModels offers products and services specifically to the commercial real estate industry. Some examples include financial analysis, asset management, development underwriting and fund allocation modeling. Our experience providing these services has allowed us to create a market-proven financial modeling platform that is both effective and efficient for real estate acquisition, development and capital raising.
Employment with the Company is on an at-will basis, unless otherwise specified in a written employment agreement.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at CREModels.
CREModels is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 /year