Location: Bozeman, MT
***NOTE: This role will start as part-time in February and potentially convert to full-time hours during the summer***
Who we are
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster and stay one step ahead.
Our engineering team builds real time data pipelines that handle millions of events a day and delivers them in seconds to customers around the world. We build systems that handle large volumes of data, scale on demand and route to a myriad of applications. We ship early and often and our highly collaborative development process ensures clean, organized code and stress free deployment.
Our stack is constantly evolving and we stay modern by leveraging new technologies for our new systems and features. We iterate on our development and deployment processes constantly to continually improve our day to day. Some of our most common tools are:
- Open-source technologies like Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch, Spark, React/Redux and React Native
- Amazon Web Services: we run on EC2 and leverage many of their solutions including Elasticache, RDS and DynamoDB.
- You will graduate in 2021 with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- You write clean, well-structured code, and are passionate about code quality
- You have taken advanced-level CS courses, including in algorithms and data structures
- You are familiar with data structures, storage systems
- You are comfortable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Develop technical solutions for our services and pipelines as a member of one of our development teams
- You'll be working on real problems and contributing to products that have a real impact in breaking events worldwide
- Build and ship new features for our customers
- Experience with Java and/or web technologies
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Experience with front end frameworks like React/Redux, Angular
- Have developed RESTful services
- Experience with SQL or another query language
- Have contributed to an open source project