Logan Peak Partners
Logan Peak Partners Overview
Logan Peak Partners is an experienced team of entrepreneurs, current and former chief executives, board members and deal professionals with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and expertise. Our mission is to identify a single company with an established track record, then invest, operate and continue to grow the business. The Managing Partner of Logan Peak is a graduate of the University of Michigan Ross School of Business and has a background in investment banking at Goldman Sachs and Lazard and financial accounting at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Description of Analyst Role
The internship will involve a hands on learning experience with many of the core activities involved with running a startup private equity firm.
An Analyst should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of the process by which middle market companies are bought and sold, including sourcing, evaluation, diligence, valuation, negotiation and deal closing. Analysts will also gain a working understanding of the industry participants involved in middle market transactions and the motivating factors driving their behavior.
Details of Analyst Role
- Work directly with founder to develop leads into actionable deal opportunities
- Research and identify attractive industries based on Logan Peak's investment criteria
- Develop investment theses and an understanding of business models for selected industries
- Conduct detailed competitive analyses for target companies to determine attractiveness of competitive landscape
- Production of emails/letters for targeted small businesses
- Review of confidential information on potential acquisitions; Business opportunity modeling
- Participation in phone calls with investment bankers and small business owners
- Assist during live deal processes, including diligence and process administration
- Significant mentorship from Logan Peak's Managing Partner and weekly meetings to discuss progress
- Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship
- Hours per Week: 10 to 20 hours per week
- Remote and in-person internships considered
Attributes of Target Candidates
- Highly motivated with a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, entrepreneurship and finance
- Natural curiosity for how businesses operate
- Tenacious attitude towards research
- Attention to small details and desire to product high quality work product
- 'Can-do' attitude and willingness to do whatever is required to move a task to completion
- Resourcefulness - thinks creatively on how to solve a problem or take a task to the finish line
- Independent thinker not afraid to have a point of view
- Required: currently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior in an undergraduate degree program with a strong academic record
About Logan Peak Partners
Logan Peak Partners is a partnership formed by a group of entrepreneurs, operators and investors for the purpose of identifying a lower-middle market business to acquire and operate. The team is lead by its founder, Bryson Smith, who is based out of Brooklyn, New York.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
- English (Required)
- What year are you currently in your undergraduate degree program?
- One location
- Fully Remote
- Professional development assistance
Hours per week:
- 1 - 3 months