orm at C2FO (Leawood, KS)
Platform teams own the core services that power C2FO's main product. We're transforming the platform to be event-driven. Come help us do it! You'll learn how to use Kafka and other evented systems on a team where you aren't punished for making mistakes.
There are plenty of great opportunities to learn and grow at C2FO. We have an annual conference budget for every engineer, O'Reilly learning platform memberships, educational stipends, a mentor program, and a standard career progression for both engineers and engineering managers.
The health of the team is important. There are frequent opportunities to build relationships with your teammates: retreats, show & share, hack weeks, and our own Platform teams' monthly Mandatory Fun Time (it's not actually mandatory).
Ready to join?
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of technical designs and key areas of the system.
- Work with our Product Managers to break down project details and ensure requirements are complete.
- Develop and ship code to complete impactful projects.
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code on GitHub.
- Mentor, pair with, and support the growth of other engineers.
- Apply good coding practices to ensure our code base is readable, secure, and scalable.
- Improve our documentation and document design decisions and rationale.
- Collaborate with others across the company, including Product, DevOps, and operational stakeholders.
What you’ll need
- Passionate about solving problems for a bleeding-edge FinTech company
- Concerned with the success of their teammates as well as themself
- Respectful towards teammates regardless of their abilities
- Able to work in a highly collaborative software development environment
- Willing to debate, obtain, and move forward with the best solution
- Always digging deeper to understand the problem space and the 'why' of your work.
- Passionate about testing, code quality, and continuous integration
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and always improving how we do things
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatches them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary.
- Comfortable with source control, especially git
- Self-motivated developer
- People from all backgrounds encouraged - no degree required
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in the job offered or in a related position
- Proficient communication in English both written and verbal
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- Scala, Java, or Kotlin
- Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, Akka, Akka Streams
- Relational database (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- AWS or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes
You don't need to know all of these to apply. Come learn on the job.