Sandia National Laboratories
What Your Job Will Be Like
Are you looking for challenging and impactful work that contributes to security, peace and freedom worldwide?
Sandia is currently looking to hire a Full Stack Developer that is ready for a career where you know your work makes a difference! We want someone passionate about working on a diverse, multidisciplinary team and excited about applying their knowledge, experience and creativity while gaining opportunities to work with some of the country’s top minds at the forefront of research!
You will primarily be supporting the Product Realization Technologies department to assist in evolving their web application and data management portfolio to meet ever-changing business needs in missions areas. Other responsibilities include researching new technologies, developing leading edge and innovative software solutions in areas of cloud-based microservice architectures, data analytics and visualization, secure software and machine learning.
On a given day, you may:
- Research, design, develop data analytics and data management platforms
- Design and develop full stack web applications
- Create DevOps pipelines and test automation
- Research and apply machine learning and analytics techniques to large datasets to explore or solve mission needs
- Work within an Agile/Scrum software development team
Qualifications We Require
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 4 years of experience
- Experience developing software using Java, C++, Python, or C#
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience developing web applications with Java, Spring
- Knowledge or experience in machine learning, analytics, and/or 3D visualization (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, Unity3D, WebGL)
- Knowledge or experience with data integration/analytics platforms (e.g., Cloudera, MuleSoft)
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with microservices and/or Docker containers in cloud-based environments
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Critical thinking, synthesis and problem-solving; ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to a fast-paced, customer-focused operation; teaming; self-starting
About Our Team
The Product Realization Technologies department (9513) has a mission to deliver next generation information systems based on emerging technologies that can easily adapt to changing business needs. We architect, design and develop software solutions that solve complex business problems across Sandia and the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE). This is a team of enterprise architects and software engineers that research new technologies, create vision and roadmaps, and develop leading edge, innovative software solutions within technology areas such as service-oriented and micro-services architectures, big data problem space, data and compute virtualization, enterprise security, mobile computing, and business intelligence.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year terms, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
• Extraordinary co-workers
• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.