NAL Research Corporation, located in Manassas, VA, provides military-grade Iridium satellite modems and tracking terminals and secure geolocation solutions for the defense, research, and commercial sectors. These products are used globally in a wide range of applications including asset tracking, search and rescue, remote sensing, and command/control for personnel, land, maritime, and airborne platforms.
NAL is seeking an entry-level candidate who has embedded software development experience to work in our Fredericksburg, VA office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with a multi-disciplinary development team to design, construct, and deliver software to run in embedded RTOS and on bare-metal systems
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality
- Review product manuals and brochures for technical accuracy and participate in product definition activities such as feature analysis and system tradeoffs
- Participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams
- Keep up with current technology in the field through reading, self-study, and seminars
- Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Proficient in C or C++
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong debugging/problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment
- Prior internship or employment as an embedded software developer or similar
- Low-level peripheral programming (interrupts, timers, UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, PWM)
- Wireless communication technologies (cellular and/or satellite)
- Microchip PIC32 microcontrollers
- Arm Cortex A and M based microcontrollers and application processors
- Embedded Android or Linux
- Device drivers
- Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS, GPS)
- Software-defined radio
- Digital signal processors (DSP)
Due to the nature of the work and the environment in which the work takes place, the candidate must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
NAL Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, ethnicity/national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
NAL Research Corporation offers a generous employee benefits package to eligible employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability, and a 401(k).