Scientist (Master's Degree) at The Procter & Gamble Company
Information Technology Data Scientist (Master’s Degree)
Information Technology (IT) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT excellence to deliver groundbreaking business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you’ll be asked to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never envisioned. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new ideas flourish and where your technical expertise is recognized and rewarded.
Do you enjoy design research and analytic frameworks? How would you like to use your creative and analytical skills alongside business leadership in your everyday work? If this sounds appealing, we would love to hire someone with your skills and abilities!
As a Data Scientist, you'll be using Big Data and advanced analytics to direct the engagement of our business leaders.
- Collaborating actively across functional partners and senior management to accomplish various project objectives.
- Executing research and analytics, including data source identification, processing, model/algorithm development.
- Turning insights into meaningful recommendations which will drive business value creation.
We need someone who is technically capable as a Data Scientist. You will get into the details of the data, demonstrating artificial intelligence and analytic tools (R, Python, Scala, Spark, TensorFlow, Hadoop, KNIME, etc.) to unlock business building insights in our mountains of data. You must be adept at demonstrating technologies for solving ad hoc business problems, innovating on potential future solutions, and working with technology partners to translate your innovations into robust, scaled, analytic solutions
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth
Qualifications - External
- Pursuing or has graduated with a Masters in a quantitative field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Statistics, Physics, Analytics, etc.) or have equivalent work experience.
- Proven leadership in applying and scaling Analytic techniques to deliver impactful insights from data (in academics or in industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action.
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Good social skills, self-motivated, dynamic with a can-do mentality.
- Strong enthusiasm and curiosity about the intersection of business and technology
- 2-4 years of Data Science Experience
- Experience in disrupting current business practices in CPG or related industries to help crafting a new go-to-market models.
- Experience with Analytical Tools/Applications including:
- Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, SQL, HIV
- Scientific Computing: R, Python, C++, Java, Scala, etc.
- High-Performance Parallel and Distributing Computing
- Deep Learning frameworks: Keras, Tensorflow
- Data Visualization
- Data Management Systems
- Business Intelligence tools: such as KNIME, Tableau
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.