About the Job
At TrailStone we believe in shared success for our investors and our employees. Success is driven by exceptional people working together as a team with a passion for the mission and common values.
TrailStone is a global energy trader and risk manager. Our mission is to play a leading role in facilitating the worldwide transition to renewable power. Our primary business is real-time management of electricity generation assets. Our team of traders, meteorologists, software engineers, risk managers, and data scientists aim to increase the stability of electric grids while minimizing risk for generators of intermittent electricity from wind and solar investments. TrailStone leverages its energy market experience and predictive modelling platform to take and manage financial trading risk in energy markets.
As a Python Developer you will be working on developing best in class microservices for our renewables trading platform. Currently we are in a strong growth phase and are working on building a world class product to help us scale and bring renewables to many more power markets in the world, while trading many more smaller electricity assets. If you are interested in contributing to the success of this platform keep on reading!
- Design, develop and maintain microservices, ETL jobs and system components for our serverless Python-based data integration, processing and analytics platform
- Work in a cross-functional team with engineers, business analysts, traders and data scientists
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and continuously improve our platform
- Mentor junior members in the team by relentlessly guarding code quality through pull requests and code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another technical field and/or provable relevant industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of solid understanding of object-oriented, functional and asynchronous programming and design patterns in a modern programming language (preferable Python)
- A passion for delivering clean code and working with a test-driven mindset
- Ideally knowledgeable about parts of the following tech stack: Flask, Pandas, Redis, Airflow, PySpark, Fargate, Docker, S3, AWS Aurora, RabbitMQ, AWS Athena
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- DevOps mindset with appreciation to work in a cloud-native and container-driven architecture (partly on-premise and partly AWS)
- Ideally domain knowledge in the energy sector
- Proactive, pragmatic problem solver with a strong bias for action
- Actively help yourself and others to be successful
- A positive, team-oriented mindset, and a passion for mentoring and sharing knowledge
- Self-starter, requiring little supervision or guidance
- Shows ownership and accountability in all aspects of work
- Comfortable in a startup environment with less structure and driven by deadlines
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo