Established in 1981, SURVICE Engineering is a nationally recognized, single-source engineering service provider for Government and Industry organizations involved in all phases of the systems engineering process. We're proud to have supported the development, testing, and analysis of many of the major U.S. combat systems in the field today.
SURVICE Engineering is seeking multiple Software Engineers (All levels - Jr. to Lead) to provide support for our Navy and Air Force customers working on directed energy initiatives. This hands on developer will work with our Laser Software Research Team including subject matter experts and methodology developers in analyzing new functional requirements, developing new models, and maintaining and enhancing existing models. This individual will work with a software development team including subject matter experts and project managers in analyzing new functional requirements while providing feasibility assessments and level of effort.
Albuquerque, NM or Socorro, NM
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with other software developers to analyze, estimate, design, and implement features, potentially taking a leadership position
- Participates in planning meetings and technical coordination meetings for reporting issues, planning, and providing status
- C++11, C++17 standards
- Works with subject matter experts and project managers in analyzing new functional requirements while providing feasibility assessments and level of effort
- Follows the team's software development process and procedures. When directed, peer review fellow software developer's code and documentation to ensure it meets team's quality standards and best practices
- Works with software architectural owners to ensure all development meets architectural vision and system designs
- Works with lead software engineer and senior developers in deriving technical requirements from functional requirements
- Contributes to technical design documentation and maintenance of the software
Bachelor of Science degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related technical field with at least 3 years of experience in development of scientific application software. Alternatively, a Master's or other advance degree with experience in software development.
- Experience with C++ is required. Additional experience with other languages, such as C, FORTRAN, or Python is desirable
- Experience in working on a software development team
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and revision control
- C++11, C++17 standards
Security Clearance Requirement
Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Security Clearance. MUST BE A US CITIZEN
SURVICE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor