Artificial Intelligence Researcher at MITRE
MITRE’s newly established Artificial Intelligence and Autonomy Innovation Center consists of a multi-generational, diverse team united by a passion and a sense of urgency to harness AI and Autonomy to help solve problems in the public interest. We discover, create, lead through empowering an inclusive community of collaborative innovators, learners, and technical creatives.
We’re looking for people with a lifelong commitment to learning, who are passionate about harnessing artificial intelligence to make a positive impact in the world. We’ve built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged, and learning is shared freely. We value our diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds, and perspectives and harness these qualities to discover connections, solve problems, and create extraordinary impact.
As a Associate Artificial Intelligence Researcher, you will:
- Be part of a team developing and implementing AI algorithms to help address critical national and global challenges like global health, climate change and national security
- Develop and use modern software engineering techniques to develop AI-related software
- Maintain knowledge of advances of AI capabilities in industry and academia
- Evaluate AI solutions and compare to sponsor requirements and needs
- BS in Computer Science, Linguistics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Natural Sciences or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in C, C++, Python.
- Experience in one or more areas of computer science, such as Natural Language Understanding, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Quantum Information Science, Data Science, Privacy, Trust & Safety, Software Engineering or similar.