Quarkworks (Columbia, MO)
About the role
Several of our partners are doubling down on growth of their Android teams and would like to use QuarkWorks’ team to continue scaling out their mobile apps. We’re looking for experienced Android developers who can jump in and make an impact right away.
One of our teams will be growing from currently 4 Android developers to 7-8 during 2021 and this is our primary need. With this client, we are solely in charge of their Android app. They have a company initiative to double spending on mobile and would like to continue using QuarkWorks on Android. We built their MVP for Android several years ago and have done continuous feature iteration since then, most recently adding a live video feature using Twilio.
A couple of our other partners have been working with us to accelerate their Android development teams and are interested in further development work from us.
What we're looking for
- Baseline Android/mobile experience of 2+ years. Senior/lead positions are available if you have more than this.
- Used to working in teams with other developers.
- Experience with any of our tools is ideal: Kotlin, Realm, View Binding, Android Jetpack
- Attention to detail, passion for coding, ability to learn or teach new things
- Strong communication skills
Why Quark might be a good fit for you
- We work on many exciting projects with fresh, meaningful ideas.
- Our developers often have the opportunity to switch between different projects and clients.
- You can gain a wealth of experience in a short time, and the things you work on will never get too stale.
- Our tech stacks are modern and we make good architecture and keeping things up-to-date a priority.
- Our company is engineer-founded. We sympathize with developers and strive to make sure relationships with clients and management are good for our team. Our leaders are fully engaged with everyone.
- Our team is passionate about programming and passionate about life. You will actually get to know your teammates here.
- We encourage everyone that works here to “manage upwards”. Every person has the ability to improve their situation and contribute to creating/maintaining a good culture on their teams.