The position of Software Support Engineer involves assisting customers with their technical questions and providing best practices for our software. This involves understanding the customer questions or desired functionality and providing solutions. In some cases, it requires creating workaround procedures when standard procedures do not meet the customer’s desired functionality and ensuring issues are resolved in a timely fashion. The position will work closely with customers, other support staff, and development to resolve support tickets in a timely manner.
The new hire will receive paid training including a combination of self-paced video, classroom, and on-the-job mentoring by senior support staff.
The person filling this position must exhibit the ability to learn new software quickly, enjoy working through and solving customer problems, working in independent or team environments, and have a passion for computer technology.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Quick learning abilities
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong programming experience in Python/Jython language
- Knowledge of Windows and Ubuntu Linux
- Relational database/SQL knowledge
- Very organized and strong attention to detail
- Experience of at least 2 years in a support related position
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization is a plus
- Knowledge of mobile device technologies a plus
- Degree in a technical field: Computer Science or Engineering a plus
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Learn our products and begin providing limited tech support to customers within 3 months with mentoring.
- Quickly understand customer’s question or support issue and provide appropriate answers and solutions.
- Respond to new tickets and work with customers directly through phone, email, or live support session.
- Work effectively on multiple tickets simultaneously.
- Properly prioritize tickets based on urgency and customer impact.
- Reproduce, document, and explain technical issues.
- Follow through on support tickets to ensure timely resolution of all requests.
- Contribute to best practices and knowledge base for others to benefit from.
- After the initial training period of 6 months, demonstrate appropriate handling of support tickets and use good judgement determining when to involve advanced support or development teams.