Engineer I at The Procter & Gamble Company
Information Technology (IT) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a driven advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear -- we deliver IT to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our IT professionals are diverse business leaders who apply IT excellence to deliver groundbreaking business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you’ll dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never envisioned. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new insights thrive and where your technical expertise is recognized and rewarded.
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data & Analytics team in Cincinnati. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building solutions using various modern Azure components & tools. You will lead delivery of E2E scalable data & analytics applications using best in class industry standards, actively coding and adapting them to ensure their resiliency and fit to requirements.
- Design and build scalable and resilient Data & Analytics solutions in Microsoft Azure – architect technical solutions to obtain, process, store and provide insights based on processed data
- Develop, within existing designs of various solutions in Microsoft Azure, environments to help generate valuable insights
- Work on automation and optimization of internal processes in Azure
- Influence the future of these new technologies and the ways in which P&G uses them
- Have a possibility to work with multifunctional and multinational teams within and outside of P&G
- Focus on key business cases development within Data & Analytics + Azure
- Manage agile projects using cloud and hybrid solutions
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer / Systems / Industrial Engineering, Business / Management Information Systems or Software Development, Information Technology
- Python and SQL programming skills
- Cloud Understanding
- Understanding of data modeling
- Understanding of CI/CD
- Understanding of Spark framework and distributed architecture features and challenges
- Experience in implementing projects & solutions using Microsoft Azure stack (eg. Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Service, SQL Server, Azure Synapse)
- Knowledge of SCRUM and DevOps methodologies
- Hands on experience in writing clean, effective code
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed