TL;DR You write clean code and don’t hate talking to people.
This full-stack web developer position works closely with our Product, Marketing and Customer Success teams to get things done - fast. We're looking for people that love what they do and get excited to work with a team that's shaping the future of Trainual and small businesses worldwide.
You will be forward-thinking, with a service and growth mindset. You will be a great verbal and written communicator, a tactful diplomat, strong analyst and thorough problem solver. This could mean helping our customer success team troubleshoot a technical issue, working with our product team to plan and give input on designs. Being a small team, we all wear a lot of hats and are looking for someone who's excited to be a part of the growth. Our stack consists of Ruby on Rails, React, Postgres, JS, CoffeeScript, HAML and SCSS and is deployed to Heroku and S3.
What you will own & improve: What you already know (Tech Lead):
- Product & Design Collaboration: You will work closely with our product and design team to solve user problems in the training and on-boarding software space.
- Wireframes to Features: You will own the translation of wireframes and user stories into user friendly features.
- Communication & Leadership: As a tech lead, you will be responsible for the technical planning & execution of squad initiatives.
- Product Iteration: You will identify and analyze any bugs found during testing and document them.
What you already know (Engineering):
- How to write clean, readable and dry code to build incredible software products.
- How to work collaboratively with a small team and independently.
- How to communicate effectively cross functionally (Product, Design, CX, etc.)
- How to communicate technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and README’s
- How to proactively identify problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for their own work and adjacent work.
- How to effectively communicate status for projects and initiatives to squad members.
Languages & Tools We Use
- Ruby on Rails
- HAML, CoffeeScript and RSpec
- Git & GitHub
- Heroku & S3
- Bootstrap framework
- Experience with a design system
- Experience working with SaaS products
- B2B software experience
- Experience with front-end frameworks
- Experience working with back-end API's
- Devops experience