As a supply chain operator, you are an expert in executing the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including Ocean or Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will be the “front line” in ensuring the highest standard of Flexport quality: shipments move “on-time” and exceptions are handled appropriately. You will be responsible for ensuring your work satisfies internal KPIs and SLAs that demonstrate quality delivery.
- You will test scalable operational infrastructure and procedures to ensure they are delivering the highest levels of efficiency and productivity for your customers and within our new operational model.
You will be placed into either an Ocean or a Network team.
- In Ocean teams you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate day-to-day operations with internal and external partners such as ocean, intermodal and drayage vendors, the customs team and the Network Operations team.
- Execute the movement of ocean freight shipments within a regional network (both imports and exports), including intermodal movements.
- In Network teams you will:
- Seamlessly coordinate the day-to-day supply operations with Air, LCL, Transload, Trucking, and Warehouse activities within your region by working with internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Execute the end-to-end movement of shipments within a regional network including both Air and LCL imports and exports.
- You will help implement operational infrastructure and procedures in the day-to-day workflow, while constantly identifying and executing on opportunities to realize optimal efficiency and productivity.
- You will empower client solutions by participating in feedback loops to ensure client needs are met.
- You will use metrics to spot opportunities to improve and deliver great performance in your role, including data quality and shipment milestone timeliness.
- You will act as a consultant to your regional team, product & engineering and the operations excellence team on ocean supply chain operations.
What you will need:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 0-1 years of work or internship experience and an interest in logistics, freight forwarding, supply chain, ocean carrier operations, or consulting (ocean freight knowledge is a plus)
- Ability to think tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating effectively in a cross-functional environment working towards a common goal
- A growth mindset and intellectual curiosity to become an expert on international trade with a willingness to work in the nitty gritty of the freight and logistics industry to deliver client results
- Results driven – self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Highly polished communication skills
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it;