WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop deep knowledge of our products and our customers, including industry segments, the types of research they perform, and how their science is performed in Benchling
- Be the first line contact for customer questions and issues, work with the appropriate internal teams (e.g. engineering, product management, customer success), to solve problems and manage them through to resolution
- Provide strong written documentation for a variety of user communications including direct user questions, internal research, FAQ/knowledge content, and others
- Partner with our Training team to develop and optimize training programs including web-based and video collateral
- Support the Customer Success and Professional Services teams in a wide variety of user facing activities
- Pursing or recently attained a BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required.
- Prior experience in a lab or research setting is highly recommended. You must be able to quickly understand complicated scientific concepts and empathize with scientists.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly connect with a range of stakeholders from academics, to industry scientists, to project leads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience developing various forms of content and presentations.
- You must be a self-starter who is autonomous and proactive, with the ability to be successful in a fast paced startup environment with sometimes ambiguous situations.
- You must be curious, creative, and tenacious. You will be an advocate for customers, and must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the hard and sometimes unglamorous work required to make them successful.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Quarterly mental health days
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Yearly educational stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.