In the AI Engineering group, we build data-driven, machine-learned services which are collectively called billions of times a day. Our engineers are responsible for architecting and implementing these services end-to-end which includes data gathering, model building, and ensuring that models are served by highly scalable, high-throughput, high-availability and low-latency services. Some projects where we are looking for experienced software engineers include: unified search, question answering, query parsing, financial instrument (e.g., fixed income) pricing, dialogue understanding, and recommender systems. If these sound like the projects you are passionate about and want to work on, apply! In addition, check out our blog at https://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI and learn more about our projects and research.
More about us:
The AI Group is the central engineering group with over 150 researchers and engineers working together to build data-driven customer-facing products, as well as AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers across the company. We also publish papers, attend conferences, organize workshops, and contribute back to the larger AI and open source community whenever we can. Broadly, we are looking for colleagues to who are passionate about:
- Software engineering
- Parallel and distributed systems
- Natural language processing
- Information retrieval
- Information extraction
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical models
- Recommender systems
- Knowledge graphs
- Automatic speech recognition
- Machine learning for finance (pricing and recommendation)
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production systems and applications
- Design, experiment, and evaluate algorithms as well as models
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Represent Bloomberg at scientific and industry conferences
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors, Masters, or a Ph.D. in CS, ML, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Quant, or relevant industry experience.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Proficiency in software development
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog, http://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI, to learn more about our publications and projects.
Our culture values difference, fosters inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive superior business results. Our efforts help establish an inclusive work environment where all Bloomberg employees feel respected and are included and empowered to impact the business globally. Building strong, diverse teams that feel valued and engaged will help us innovate, execute and succeed in a highly competitive global environment. Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.