base Developer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a Mid-Level SQL Server Database Developer to join our team. In this role, you will work on a team that develops and administers a high-availability SQL Server cluster that supports data persistence, reporting, and business logic for our product suite. Our team develops critical transactional databases serving the banking industry. As a member of this team, you will participate across the software development lifecycle including database design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of development experience.
- Must have experience with SQL Server.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to clear a federal background check.
- Experience writing and optimizing complex queries
- Experience designing relational databases.
- Experience with performance tuning.
- Knowledge of payment systems and solutions.
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills needed to transfer information to individuals involved in the development process.
- Writes and reviews stored procedures, functions, and other programmable objects for high-volume transaction processing systems.
- Participates on scrum teams as the SQL expert, helping to move features through the software development lifecycle.
- Tunes queries for optimal performance by closely examining execution plan and ensuring appropriate indexing.
- Participates in design meetings and recommend optimal performing database designs.
- Writes and maintains tSQLt unit tests.
- Ensures accurate history in version control systems (git/TFS) and writes documentation as necessary.
- Monitors and maintains database CI/CD devops tooling and ensures accuracy of update/rollback scripts for database deployments.
- Writes and reviews C# code in the data access layer (ADO.NET) to ensure performance and security of RPC calls.