IPConfigure is a software development company and a leading developer of IP video surveillance solutions. We're looking to hire a strong C++ programmer responsible for creating video streaming, web service, and data management back-end components in our browser-based surveillance video management systems. The C++ developer must have a strong familiarity with object-oriented programming, C, C++17, unit testing, test-driven development, and Linux development tools and development environments. This is an awesome opportunity to work with leading edge technologies in the IP video surveillance market.
- 401k with matching.
- 10 company holidays and 26 days PTO per year.
- Employee health insurance coverage.
- Open, modern office with many windows and a stunning view of Lambert's Point.
- Located in IPConfigure's private headquarters building on the Elizabeth River Trail with acres of green space.
Skills & Requirements
- Participate in a well-defined Agile software development process with other senior developers.
- Develop high quality, well-designed application code for features and system components.
- Participate in feature design, ensuring a balance between business and technology requirements.
- Deliver code as scheduled that adheres to the design.
- Find root causes of defects in features.
- Adhere to coding practices designed to promote code reuse and standardization.
- Provide time and resource estimates for own feature areas.
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related discipline. Master's or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Expertise in C and C++11/14/17.
- Familiarity with: Linux or Windows systems programming, Boost.
- Object Oriented design background.
- Web service programming.
- An active concern for quality engineering, with experience building scalable web applications.
- Any of the following would be a plus:
- Code samples and portfolio of designs.
- Contributions to open source projects (for example a github page)