In this position you will work with our team and NASA customers in the development of a core electrical and mechanical training-fidelity Hand Controller set to support Orion spacecraft training.
The responsibilities of the job include the following –
- Read drawings, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Verify dimensions of parts, using precision measuring instruments, to ensure that specifications are met
- Operate metalworking machines and additive manufacturing (such as 3D printing) to make housings, fittings, and fixtures
- Inspect parts for surface defects
- Test the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies, using test instruments
- Install electronic parts and hardware, using soldering equipment and hand tools
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment
- Analyze and record test results, and assist with written documentation
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Associates Degree or a postsecondary certificate (or equivalent experience)
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position.
About METECS -
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for human space flight space and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, NASA s Exploration System Simulation (NExSyS), and NASA s Training Systems for the 21st Century initiative.
Perks: Flex hours, casual dress, get to make history.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.