Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc
Cipher Tech is on the prowl for Software Developers of all levels! This job will require that you undergo and pass a security clearance investigation prior to work start. We have the ability to sponsor those that can demonstrate talent and who have a passion for National Security!
We invite rising college seniors studying Computer Science or Engineering to apply!
During your career with us, you will provide support in the form of application development, scripting, debugging, and value-added software development expertise to a digital forensic lab and malware reverse engineering section. Additionally, you will maintain existing software and develop new software to customer specifications.
Developers work with a variety of technologies including .NET (typically C#), Python, & SQL.
Linthicum, MD (Baltimore/Washington Area)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical / Computer Engineering
- Must be a US Citizen (no exceptions)
- Minimum graduating GPA 3.25
- Key qualities: Self-motivated, Detail-oriented, Strong work ethic
- Familiarity with high and low level programming languages
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages:
- C, C++, C#, Java, or Python
- Capable of debugging software applications
- Able to gather testable software requirements
- Able to participate in the design of new software applications
- Familiarity with maintainable software processes including:
- Software documentation
- Source code versioning
- Unit testing
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Able to operate in a mission-critical and time-sensitive environments
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree, with some programming experience outside of the classroom
- No formal experience necessary, but some development experience is suggested; it does not need to be in a professional setting. We usually like to see that candidates have written a few substantial programs to give us confidence that they know what they are doing
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree plus minimum 5 years experience OR
- Relevant Master's Degree plus minimum 3 years experience
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree plus minimum 10 years experience OR
- Relevant Master's Degree plus minimum 8 years experience
- Familiarity with or proficiency in more than one of the following: C, C++, C#, Java, Python
- Familiarity with assembly languages
- Familiarity with digital forensics
- Familiarity with hex editors and working at the byte-level
- Familiarity with the Windows API
- Familiarity with IDA Pro
- For entry-level candidates: Programming experience outside of a classroom, such as an internships, clubs, contributions to open source projects or other side projects
Be aware that you are applying for a job that requires a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
If you do not already hold a US government security clearance, we do have the ability to sponsor, however be advised that this can be a multi-year process.
The U.S. government will not issue security clearances to recent users of illegal drugs. On your application to us, you must acknowledge that you have not engaged in any illegal drug use within the past twelve months (illegal drug use includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal substances, the misuse of prescriptions, the misuse of over-the-counter substances, and the use of medical or recreational marijuana that may be deemed legal at the state level but is still considered illegal by the federal government).
NOTE: CIPHER TECH WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL DRUG USERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY SOUGHT PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT FOR A DRUG PROBLEM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.