CleanSpark Inc (Las Vegas, NV)
CleanSpark is looking for a software engineer to play a key role in our team. In this role, you will be instrumental in the development and testing of our two cloud-based SaaS platforms. mPulse is a hybrid cloud solution comprising microservices and processes that, combined, monitor and control electric microgrids and renewable resources. mVSO is an advanced modeling solution for both grid-connected and off-grid microgrids. You will play an integral part in continuing the growth of our quality- and transparency-driven development culture and the advancement of microgrid technology.
The CleanSpark development team has been remote-first from the beginning and thrives across all of the North American time zones. CleanSpark is committed to crafting a diverse team and encourages applications from historically underrepresented communities within technologies. We are focused on a supportive culture including both formal and informal internal mentorship and career development.
Compensation within the advertised range will be commensurate with experience.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB POSTING BEFORE APPLYING AS WE HAVE SPECIFIC APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS!
- Develop highly technical features to run in the cloud using Azure Service Fabric
- Implement unit and integration level tests to ensure code quality
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing activities
- Help support existing customers on our production platforms
- Requirements and implementation documentation
- Collaboration with technical stakeholders to ensure proper understanding and implementation of requirements
Skills and Requirements
- 2-3 years (for junior candidates) or 5+ years (for mid- to senior-level candidates) professional experience as a software engineer with .NET development as second-nature
- Comfort with complex software concepts such as: SOA and SOLID principles, cloud design patterns, and various database structures (relational, document, key/value)
- Hands-on expertise with automated unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills in a distributed environment, both written and verbal, as well as an independent work ethic
- Experience with building, troubleshooting, and running distributed, service based systems
- Bonus points for:
- hands-on experience with developing for the cloud: Azure (preferred) or AWS
- a science or math background
- experience working remotely on a distributed team
- a sparkling personality and positive attitude!
To be considered, you MUST respond to this ad with answers to the following questions. IF YOU DO NOT ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IMMEDIATELY.
- Confirm that your salary falls within the stated range.
- Have you worked remotely or with a largely remote team before COVID?
- What part of your experience and skills do you feel will help you contribute to the position at CleanSpark?
- In medium detail, please describe the most interesting or challenging task you’ve faced in the past few years.
- All applicants are asked to complete a short take-home coding exercise. Are you willing to do this as part of our interview process?
NOTE: we will only accept candidates from the United States and Canada. We will be in contact with you within 2 business days if we are interested in moving forward.