on Engineer at Syng
Syng is looking for a talented embedded applications software engineer to join our ever growing engineering team. You’ll focus on working at the application level of our system and should possess an excellent understanding of how people interact with connected hardware.
You should also have a firm grasp of software engineering and design principles, computer architecture, and embedded systems development. As an Embedded Application Software Engineer at SYNG, you will have the opportunity to help define and build the architecture for a key area of our product.
The work will involve:
- Development of new and innovative features at the application level on our embedded system
- Fixing hardware/software problems and troubleshooting issues
- Enhancement of product performance.
- Close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers
- Helping to build and deploy high quality deliverables at a regular cadence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, equivalent technical degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience programming in C++ (and C) on embedded systems
- Knowledge of object-oriented software design principles within embedded application development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an agile development environment and participate in sprint activities to plan and produce rapid cycle, high quality deliverables
- Experience building production software systems
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux. Working knowledge of Yocto is a plus.
- Experience with wireless connectivity protocols such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Understanding of cloud / mobile / connected hardware systems
- Automated unit testing and regression testing of real-time or safety-critical systems
- Familiarity with over-the-air deployment of software/firmware upgrades
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: embedded systems development/ firmware, operating systems, device drivers, ARM, x86 assembly, system BIOS, and/or hardware/software integration.
- Experience working with JIRA/Git/CI tools
- Attention to detail, good judgement, a great attitude.