Outreach, Inc has a mission to equip the Church to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Over our 25 year history, we’ve equipped tens of thousands of churches to reach millions of people. Large and small organizations alike have partnered with us to change the world for the Church. But as the medium for reaching people changes, and the world becomes more digital, we need more people with technical skills and experience to join us in our mission.
Becoming a member of the Outreach software development team means that you’ll help shape the future of how we equip the Church. We’re a small team of software developers, responsible for a broad portfolio of web applications and services. Every day we’re presented with new ideas and new opportunities which our team approaches using an Agile mindset. So if you’re a full stack .NET web developer that can help us grow in our capabilities and appreciates working on a wide range of projects, we’d love to hear from you.
What we're looking for
As a full stack .NET web developer, you’ve got at least 3 years of experience working on the web using Microsoft technologies. Specifically, we’re looking for well-rounded and intellectually curious candidates that:
- Have a solid understanding of how the web works and are familiar its various layers - from the network protocols and runtime environments that make the web possible, to the common tools, libraries, frameworks, and platforms devs use to design, build, and deliver custom services and applications
- Are constantly exploring new technologies and frameworks, always on the lookout for ways to improve their capabilities as professional software developers
- Have employed modern design and architecture patterns, like domain driven design, dependency injection, pub/sub, MVC, and microservices to deliver highly performant, scalable, and resilient web-based products and services
- Have mastered object-oriented programming and can apply OO principles to how they design data structures and systems
How we build software
Our product design and software development processes are grounded in Agile principles, informed by a variety of modern methodologies, and adapted to the preferences of our product owners:
- We put our customers at the center of every decision - life is way too short to build something nobody wants.
- We design and build to learn, then we build to scale - experimentation and learning are central to our approach.
- We focus on frequent value delivery through collaboration with our product owners - MVPs and tight build-measure-learn loops maximize the value of our efforts
- We measure our results and test our assumptions - data informs our decision making, not the loudest person in the room
- We're constantly learning and growing as individuals and as a team - a growth mindset and strong drive for learning and continuous improvement is a must
Our tech stack and tooling is pretty awesome, but we’re always looking for ways to improve:
- We use SQL Server and Entity Framework for persistent storage
- On the back end, we’re using .NET Core
- On the front end, we’re using React.js
- Choose your IDE - our favorites include Visual Studio Code, Rider and Visual Studio
- Choose a PC or Mac laptop or desktop w/ triple monitor setup
We've been running in virtualized environments since the early 2000's and leveraging AWS since 2008, but in 2020 we'll be transitioning to a DevOps culture and migrating key applications and services to the cloud. This will be an incredible learning and growth opportunity, as we’ll be:
- Defining our infrastructure as code and automating our run-time provisioning
- Migrating from on-prem systems to cloud platforms and services
- Automating our software build and deployment processes
Beyond technology, why Outreach?
- Great teammates and environment - a highly competent dev team with tons of laughter in the room...and free snacks and drinks
- Fantastic company culture - voted a Best Christian Workplace for 5 consecutive years
- Adventure equipment available for free checkout - SUPs, kayaks, tents, bikes, GoPros, etc.
- Miles of hiking and biking trails right next door - our offices are adjacent to Ute Valley Park
- Subsidized gym membership - premium VASA Fitness membership for just $6.95 per month
- Very competitive compensation and benefits - 401k matching, subsidized HSA, dental, vision, and life
In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in joining our team and how, specifically, you’d like to grow in your career over the next 3-5 years.