As a specialist in cartographic science, you will work on small, focused teams with other specialists and software engineers, focusing on utilizing and extending Esri’s existing cartographic toolsets. Much of the work involves the development of map templates and symbols, data management and processing procedures, writing documentation, and performing software testing and workflow automation.
The ideal candidate has a variety of the skills listed below. In addition, they must have the willingness to continually learn new skills, growing professionally and technically in response to the evolution of geovisualization.
- Develop specialized product templates for cartographic production and web maps within a cloud-based environment
- Support the development of user interfaces in response to customer workflow methodologies as they relate to their business requirements
- Assist in the design of geodatabases based on client specifications and industry standards for feature classes, attributes, and raster datasets
- Assist with implementation and editing of workflows, cartographic workflows, and quality control procedures based on geodatabase design methodologies
- Identify user needs by collecting their ideas through technical support, client interaction, marketing events, and analysis of competitors’ capabilities as well as from internal team members
- Support customers and staff with client demos, presentations, webcasts, product configurations, product marketing, technical support concerns, and development of training materials
- Three or more years of professional experience, focusing on cartographic design
- Impressive understanding of map design principles for both print publication, web mapping, and dynamic map services
- Advanced cartographic toolset knowledge, such as Maplex and feature class representations
- Strong understanding of geodatabase design methodologies as they relate to feature classes, attributes, and raster datasets
- Bachelor’s in GIS, geospatial technology, or geography
- Graduate level coursework in GIS, remote sensing, or geospatial technology
- Experience using ArcGIS Workflow Manager, Esri Production Mapping, ArcGIS Data Reviewer, and ArcGIS Online
Portfolio Submission: Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work.