Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 80 million annual users across two brands (Zumper and PadMapper), we’ve generated support from top-tier investors and recently raised $60m in Series D funding (of $140m total). We’re searching for passionate, hardworking people to build extraordinary products and redefine the rental industry. Jump aboard our rocket ship!
As a Junior Mobile Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of the creative mobile team at Zumper. You’ll work side-by-side with our Mobile Engineers to ideate, design & build features that help each of our mobile users find the apartment rental of his or her dreams. That means you’ll have the opportunity to participate in the entire feature development process from conception, to specification, to engineering and beyond!
This role involves the day to day development of Android and iOS apps. From day one you will be collaborating on new feature development, testing and code reviewing for both platforms. You will learn our agile development process and be shipping code to production in your first week!
The ideal candidate is someone with either Android or iOS experience, but a strong desire to learn both platforms. This candidate is excited about learning and collaborating with a tight knit team of passionate engineers, designers and product managers.
What you will do
- Contribute to a collection of Android and iOS mobile apps that have helped millions of landlords and renters with their rentals.
- Design, build, test, review, and deploy new Android and iOS features.
- Every quarter you'll collaborate with people from across the company to explore new ideas, tackle ambitious concepts, and innovate in our multi-day hackathon. We have shown a history of shipping over 50% of our hackathon projects to our customers!
Who you are
- Entry level Android and/or iOS work experience (or equivalent)
- Experience developing Android and/or iOS applications in Swift/Kotlin that interact with RESTful APIs
- Basic understanding of Android Studio and/or Xcode IDE and recent SDKs
- Basic grasp of Git
Bonus skills & experience
- Experience with CocoaPods
- Experience with Gradle
- Familiarity with Android development in Kotlin or Java
What we offer
- Great medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% employee premium coverage
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Mass transit/ridesharing stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks and beverages
- Team adventures and outings
- Weekly insight into all major company metrics
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. We have offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale and are lucky to have 200+ team mates across the US.
We care deeply about diversity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates authenticity and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other employee benefits (Please contact us to request accommodations.)
We are proud to have won awards from Inc. Magazine (2019 Best Places to Work) and SF Business Times (2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness Award).
Please note: Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.