Device Magic is looking for a Jr DevOps Engineer.
The role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will play a key part in backend infrastructure for our product while working with other members of the engineering development and support teams.
- Design/maintain/configure/provision cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS and/or Azure
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Interact with other internal teams to clarify requirements, use cases, technology decisions, and solution approaches
- Participate in all stages of the software lifecycle using Agile methods
- Troubleshoot problems across all services and functional areas
- Build/maintain/support operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of infrastructure and systems
- Perform cost analysis and optimization
- Bachelors’ degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-3 years DevOps specific experience
- Demonstrated experience with Linux fundamentals and scripting
- 1+ years coding/scripting experience with Ruby, Python, Go, etc.
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS cloud infrastructure
- Practical experience creating/managing Kubernetes clusters
- Familiarity with multi-container pod design
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline development
- Experience with databases including MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience in managing infrastructure as code (YAML, JSON, Git)
- Good understanding of VPC, Subnets and Security Groups
- Experience with elastic compute instances (EC2) and load balancers
- Experience with other Amazon Services including S3, Lambda, Pipeline, Route53, SNS, IAM, EFS, ECR, RDS, CloudWatch, etc.
- AWS DevOps Engineer or SysOps Administrator certification
- Experience working on complex, large-scale projects with a remote team
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits incl Medical/Dental/Vision/401k
- Startup company feel and environment