Magnolia Capital is a small team of driven individuals who are looking to enact change and innovation in the multifamily real estate industry. We have built out our own suite of proprietary tools and are looking for team members to join our technology team to support this next phase of the company’s growth. As a full stack developer you will be a crucial member of the team that will work with the other members of the technology team to develop, test & maintain Magnolia’s systems and applications.
This position is based in Chicago at our offices in the Loop.
As a Full stack developer
- Work with our Director of Product to design, develop and implement solutions to solve business needs
- Care about quality and understand what it means to ship high quality code
- Conceive and build testable solutions for current and future applications
- Actively participate in our regular tracking meetings with our team and provide feedback / scoping for upcoming features
- Be an advocate for best practices, development strategies, and new software packages that can advance our platform
Who We Are Looking For:
- Have a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 6 years of solid full stack software engineering/development experience
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude excited to work in a small but growing technical team
- Linux system administration experience
- Proficiency in at least one server side programming language; Java, Scala or python
- Bonus points for knowledge of web scraping, React, Jira & real estate
Benefits you will receive:
- Flat organization with the ability to interact with all parts of the company
- Health insurance and a balanced work environment
- 401k with a 4% match
- Flexible vacation
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Volunteer & education days
- A laptop and workstation including a standing desk.