Sinai Health System
GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB:
- The Network Security Analyst is responsible for supporting IT security infrastructure and applications including, projects, deployment, systems administration, change management, upgrades and risk management.
- Support in Evaluating new technologies, systems and infrastructure to determine potential security and operational impact.
- Works closely with IT operations personnel, application developers, administrators, system managers and system owners to implement and maintain security controls at SHS.
- Participates in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises, and testing, as well as actual disasters or emergency events, by working in collaboration with security and other teams to create and maintain a secure infrastructure.
- Vulnerability Diagnostic Tools, Like Nessus and Nmap, Tenable..
- Information Security Standards, Applications, and Controls.
- Experience with End Point security tools and their configuration and management. Familiar with endpoint security tools like Sophos, Crowdstrike, Traps, DarkTrace, EDR etc.
- Security Awareness Training Knowb4, LMS.
- GRC(Governance Risk and Compliance), ISO 2700, HIPAA, NIST 800-53.
- Actively respond to real-world cyber-attacks, Red team Blue Team.
- Assist Lead Information Security Engineers in troubleshooting and resolution of critical issues.
- Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate between a significant event, a false positive, and a false negative.
- Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, PowerShell, or an equivalent language.
- Knowledge of networking, packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewalls, etc.
- Understanding of OSI model with ability to apply it to troubleshooting issues.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management and remediation work
- Experience with deploying and tuning Identity and Access management within an Active Directory environment
- Other technical expertise in Cisco networks and Microsoft Server operating systems a plus
- Maintain existing security tools, including, but not limited to Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), vulnerability scanning tools, e-mail gateways/spam filters, File Integrity Monitors (FIM), Identity and Access Management, and anti-virus/malware.
- Evaluate new products and strategies, and make recommendations for improvements where possible.
- Perform system log monitoring and reporting. Monitor system logs and alerts and provide first level response in determining the severity of alerts and escalating them to management.
- Work as part of an Incident Response Team to respond to, assess, and remediate security incidents as needed.
- Learns and adapts quickly to new situations, changing priorities, and disruptive technologies. Participates in the processes for innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- UPDATES AND DOCUMENTS EXTERNAL CLIENT ISSUES.
- PERFORMS ANALYSIS AND DETERMINES CLIENT PROBLEMS,
- PROVIDES SOLUTIONS FOR NETWORK AND SYSTEM RELATED ISSUES, AND PROVIDES DETAILED DOCUMENTATION ALONG WITH IT.
- PERFORMS CAUSE ANALYSIS REGARDING CLIENT ISSUES, AS THEY RELATE TO THE FOLLOWING ENVIRONMENTS: DESKTOP, CITRIX, AND PORTAL CONNECTIONS.
- ASSISTS CLIENTS BY PERFORMING ANALYSIS OF VARIOUS ISSUES RELATING TO LANS’S, WAN’S, DESKTOP COMPUTERS, INTERNET CONNECTIVITY, AND THE INSTALLATION OF HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE.
- ASSISTS CUSTOMERS FOR THE PURPOSE OF IMPROVING PROCESSES RELATED TO SYSTEM ISSUES.
- MAINTAINS ERROR LOGS IN COORDINATION WITH IT DEPARTMENTS, AND THEN MAINTAINS RESOLUTION REPORTS, AS WELL.
- OFFERS RECOMMENDATIONS, BASED ON VARIOUS METRICS, ON HOW TO IMPROVE THE SUPPORT PROCESS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information systems, Cybersecurity or directly related work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 1 years experience in Information Security and Network.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Excellent communication skills.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: