TownNews (Moline, IL)
Looking to join a fast-growing, cutting edge technology company serving customers nationwide? Look no further! TownNews, the premier internet hosting provider for media companies in the broadcasting and newspaper industry, seeks a seasoned PHP Developer to join our team. TownNews offers a chance to be creative - working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere either locally or remote.
- Development of PHP modules and applications for TownNews's BLOX or RAYOS CMS software-as-a-service (SaaS) platforms serving millions of pageviews daily nationwide
- Work with a team of product managers, frontend developers, and other stakeholders to design and define new features for vertical applications
- Build scalable solutions that must handle flash web traffic to websites based on breaking news conditions around the Internet
- Solve interesting problems that may require thinking outside-the-box to accomplish development goals
- Help customers extract information from various file formats, database dumps, and daily feeds for importing into the media company websites
- Work with version control systems, deployment workflows, system architects, and QA teams to deliver robust and error free applications
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or 3 years of development experience using a web programming language like PHP, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Online development experience using PHP and MySQL or equivalent database technology
- You must be a motivated, driven, and problem solving developer willing to adapt and build large scale solutions
TownNews provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Full benefits package includes: Generous paid time off, 401(k), medical/dental/vision, life insurance and more.