Syng is looking for a quality assurance engineer who is passionate about working with mobile applications and hardware-software systems to join our ever growing engineering team. You will have the opportunity to help define the quality of our product and take pride in building things that matter. Your will be part of a multidisciplinary team delivering products that provide an excellent user experience while making sure we what we build meet our high quality bar. No bug is ever too small or too big for you to find and uncover.
The work will involve:
- Define, develop, and upkeep test plans for the systems we’re building.
- Execute automated tests and assess quality trends
- Find ways to make sure hard to test features are more testable
- Uncover and test the edge cases that improve the product experience ten-fold
- Close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers
- Assessment of software/hardware issues, troubleshoot, and analyze root cause and communicate findings effectively to the team
- Serve as the advocate for quality on behalf of our customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and tools, and a passion for quality processes
- 3+ years experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Knowledge and working experience of iOS and Android platforms
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an agile development environment and participate in sprint activities to produce rapid cycle, high quality deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audience
- Experience building production software systems
- Understanding of cloud / mobile / connected hardware systems
- Experience working with JIRA/Git/CI tools
- Experience testing REST APIs with tools such as Postman or curl
- 3+ years experience testing web and mobile applications
- Ability to read and understand Python code
- Experience using and building on automated test tools such as Appium