Peterson Technology Partners
Assists the team in the design, development and maintenance of Client's Line-of-Business Software Applications. Works closely with Software Engineers and Architects in the development of system components.
- Gathers and documents understand and articulate functional, non-functional, and business requirements that are already defined.
- Assists with and demonstrated a growing proficiency in the design and development of simple software applications, model data relationships.
- Learns and uses the Client's software applications and infrastructure architecture.
- Learns to write unit tests and performs integration testing to ensure high application quality to meet business requirements.
- Develops an understanding of various deployment methods, tools and writes scripts and/or procedures to ensure efficient processes.
- Becomes familiar with Kemper systems, databases, and networking. Develops an understanding of the interoperability of IT assets with custom software development.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related area of study.
- 2+ years of experience in a position performing software development.
- Must have the ability to learn Object Oriented Concepts and the concepts of a Software Development Life Cycle.
- Comfortable in various tools and frameworks used by Infinity specified for the position such as Eclipse, Struts, JSF, Grails, Foundations.
- Understands the process of new application development and has the ability to apply these concepts with minimal mentoring and supervision.
- Must have the ability to learn to provide support & maintenance for simple to complex software applications.
- Must be able to develop insurance knowledge in topics such as Policies, Agents, Claims, Products, Marketing, Sales, Revenues, and Payments.