As the situation surrounding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to evolve, Esri is supporting our users and the community at large with software, services, and materials that are helping people understand, manage, and communicate the impact of the outbreak. Visit our COVID-19 Maps, Resources, and Insights page to see some of the things we are doing.
Work collaboratively with a talented team of dynamic and passionate engineers to deliver capabilities that enable our customers to make a difference. In this role, you'll deploy and operate robust technology that is powered by Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud scale architectures.
Join our team of exceptional engineers where you’ll design, deploy, and operate next-generation real-time and big data GIS software-as-a-service (SaaS) capabilities for thousands of cloud users worldwide.
- Collaborate with a team of DevOps engineers to operate SaaS capabilities across multiple cloud providers and regions
- Design, implement, configure, and utilize monitoring systems to monitor the health of SaaS products
- Manage infrastructure used for ArcGIS Online, respond to alerts, and troubleshoot problems to resolution
- Configure and deploy containerized micro-service components that, when combined, power Esri’s SaaS offerings
- Work collaboratively with other team members within an agile software development process
- Participate in technical spike efforts, bringing new innovative ideas to future versions of our software
- 2+ years of experience managing Kubernetes (AKS, EKS, PKS, GKE), message brokers (Kafka), analytics (Spark), logging and monitoring (ELK, Prometheus), and container technologies (Docker)
- Expert level understanding and experience with cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure or Amazon EC2)
- Ability to work with continuous integration and delivery best practices using Jenkins and Maven
- Working knowledge of a source control and issue management system, preferably GitHub
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or computer engineering
- Knowledge of operating resilient, highly available, scalable, and performance SaaS capabilities
- Experience operating and managing Apache Kafka with high-velocity data
- Expertise running high-volume Apache Spark workloads (streaming, machine learning, recurring batch)
- Experience operating cloud native storage solutions
- Familiarity in deploying and operating reactive applications using Scala, the Play framework, and Akka
- Knowledge of Esri ArcGIS or other web mapping technologies